Celestron Hummingbird 9-27x56 Micro Spotting Scope
- Micro-sized scope ideal for nature loves, birdwatchers, and hikers
- 9-27x magnification range
- Comfortable 45° viewing angle
- Close focus distance of 10 feet
- Nitrogen-filled and fully waterproof
Free Next Day UK Delivery when you spend over £50.
Premium Delivery Options available at checkout.
The Hummingbird spotting scope shares many qualities with its namesake bird. In the wild, hummingbirds are known for their very small size, their agility (they can fly in most any direction at will), and their ability to travel long distances (many migrate between South and North America). The Celestron Hummingbird is the world’s first “micro” spotting scope well suited for hikers, birders, and other wildlife watchers on the go.
Standard spotting scopes tend to be large and/or heavy, making them inconvenient to carry long distances in the field. The Hummingbird will shatter your expectations for how lightweight and compact a spotting scope can be, so you’ll take it places you never thought possible. You can easily hold this spotting scope in one hand, place it in a pocket, or pack it along in your carry-on luggage without compromising space.
Crisp, clear images
Although it is small, Hummingbird does not compromise on quality. All air-to-glass surfaces are fully multi-coated with high transmission optical coatings. The result is maximum light transmission for bright, sharp and contrast images. The prism is phase-coated BaK4, which increases contrast and resolution for sharper, more detailed images.
Durable, waterproof construction
The durable body of the Hummingbird works to keep the spotting scope protected against bumps and jolts both during transport and in the field. It’s also fully waterproof and nitrogen-purged, so you can use the scope worry-free in downpours, humid conditions, and other environmental challenges.
Ready for any adventure
The Hummingbird 9-27x56 spotting scope features a close focus of 10 feet, making it perfect for viewing birds, butterflies, plants, or other nearby subjects. The magnification of the 9-27x56mm spotting scope spans the standard magnification ranges of both a binocular and a spotting scope. No matter how you choose to observe, this versatile spotting scope is an excellent all-around performer.
Ways to observe
Unlike most spotting scopes, Hummingbird is so small that you can use it handheld at the lowest magnification level for a quick view of your subject. Travelers who want to save space can replace both their binocular and their spotting scope with this one optic. But the scope is also tripod adaptable, so you can secure it to a stable platform for comfortable long-duration or long-distance viewing.
Hummingbird provides plenty of eye relief for use with or without eyeglasses. For use while wearing eyeglasses, leave the twist-up eyecup in the lowered position. For use while not wearing eyeglasses, twist the twist-up eyecup into the extended position.
- Місrо-ѕіzеd ѕсоре іѕ ѕuіtаblе fоr nаturе lоvеѕ, bіrd wаtсhеrѕ, аnd hіkеrѕ
- 56 mm оbјесtіvе lеnѕ wіth 9х tо 27х mаgnіfісаtіоn rаngе fоr dіѕtаnt оbѕеrvаtіоnѕ
- 3m сlоѕе fосuѕ dіѕtаnсе іѕ іdеаl tо wаtсh dіѕtаnt оbјесtѕ сlеаrlу
- Мultі-соаtеd hіgh trаnѕmіѕѕіоn аіr-tо-glаѕѕ ѕurfасе орtісѕ fоr brіght аnd ѕhаrр іmаgеѕ
- Рhаѕе-соаtеd ВаК4 Роrrо рrіѕm dеѕіgn іmрrоvеѕ rеѕоlutіоn, соntrаѕt, аnd іmаgе dеtаіl
- 45° аnglе оf vіеw tо оbѕеrvе оbјесtѕ frоm аnу роѕіtіоn соmfоrtаblу
- Тrіроd аdарtаbіlіtу еnѕurеѕ ѕtаbіlіtу durіng lоng оbѕеrvаtіоnаl ѕеѕѕіоnѕ
- 15mm еуе rеlіеf fоr а сlеаr vіеw, еvеn wіthоut еуеglаѕѕеѕ
- Соmрасt аnd lіghtwеіght dеѕіgn fоr quісk hаndhеld оbѕеrvаtіоnѕ
- Ruggеd аnd durаblе соnѕtruсtіоn рrоtесtѕ durіng trаvеl/ѕtоrаgе
- Nіtrоgеn-рurgеd аnd wаtеrрrооf fоr uѕе іn ехtrеmе сlіmаtеѕ
- Тwіѕt-uр еуесuрѕ blосk thе unwаntеd lіght frоm еntеrіng thе lеnѕ
- Раddеd nуlоn саrrу саѕе рrоtесtѕ thе ѕсоре durіng ѕtоrаgе/trаnѕроrt
- Еуеріесе аnd оbјесtіvе соvеrѕ fоr duѕt аnd dіrt rеѕіѕtаnсе
Its build quality is very good, and I love how compact it is. Optical performance at low magnification is excellent but would recommend avoiding the higher end as it becomes more difficult to focus. Overall very happy and would recommend